Click here to access Amanda's Website

Saturday, 21 March 2015

Post 1 - Week 3 - March 2015

Post 1 - Week 3 - March 2015

Creating my website

Hello! This is my very first blog entry. It has been an emotional journey so far and week 3 has begun already. I am enrolled in EDN 113 - Living and Learning with Technology and this semester I will be learning many exciting and valuable skills to enhance my career as a future teacher. 

During the last three weeks I have successfully managed to navigate myself around the Murdoch University Website, read the first chapter of our text book Meaningful Learning with Technology (Jan Herrington and Jenni Parker, 2014), and create a website and a blog for Task 1. I have been very productive!

I must admit, at first I was very anxious when I began reading through Task 1. I had never made a website, a blog,  nor created a hyperlink or a contact form before and the fear of the unknown was very strong! But after trialing a few platforms and listening to the lectures I became more confident and decided to give it my best shot.

To create my website I used jimdo as my platform. I found this platform simple to use for a beginner. I have learnt so many new things like adding webpages, links, contact forms, hyperlinks, using creative commons, customising backgrounds, changing font size and colour and many more valuable skills. I am grateful for the Technology Toolbox for Educators website as this has become like a 'bible' to me. 

I believe Task 1 has inspired my creative side and through an authentic learning task I have grown and discovered things I had no previous knowledge about or experience with. Therefore my learning has been meaningful. I am now curious and await my next challenge in Task 2.

During the semester I will be regularly recording my experiences on my blog and updating pages accordingly. 

Let the learning and blogging begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment