Click here to access Amanda's Website

Saturday, 21 March 2015

Post 2 - Lectures and Readings

Post 2 - Lectures and Readings - March 2015


Readings:

Chapter 1 of the text book - Meaningful Learning with Technology (Jan Herrington and Jenni Parker, 2014) was difficult to read at first. I had to read it three times before it started to make sense and gain meaning. I think this was due to the fact it is an informational text and foreign to me. After combining the reading of Chapter 1 and the lectures it all began to resonate. The characteristics of meaningful learning and authentic learning is paramount to this unit and my future teaching. 

Lectures:

Lecture 1 was fantastic. Very informative and provided a great outline for the wonderful semester ahead.

Lecture 2 isn't available on the University Echo 360 site and I felt quite frustrated as I could not find it and I had printed the lecture slides but received no audio assistance. This proves that words or text books alone do not provide adequate information to ensure meaningful learning.  I was fossicking  around the Murdoch University Website and finally struck gold! Yay! It was posted on The Lecture Schedule  page. Finally I was able to listen and make sense of my lecture slides. 

Lecture 3 was brilliant and gave a great insight to Task 2 and many privacy issues. I am very excited to hear more in next weeks Lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment